Careers at Nova
Nova Behavioral Health, Inc. provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, military status, genetic information and sexual orientation.
Starting salaries are competitive and increase with experience, education and licenses/certification.• Our fringe benefit package includes group health insurance, prescription coverage, dental plan, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, vacation pay, sick pay, holiday, paid personal days, direct deposit payroll, 401(K) plan and training/workshop opportunities.
Interested applicants can email a resume and cover letter to Human Resources to email@example.com. Please include the title of the position you are applying for. If you prefer you may email a Nova Behavioral Health, Inc. Application for Employment by clicking on the form below. We ask that you also provide a EEO sheet with your application or resume. Your information will be kept confidential and used only for statistical and reporting purposes.
Current Open Positions
Chief Financial Officer – full-time
Nova Behavioral Health, Inc. is seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) for the overall fiscal management of the agency. This position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer. The CFO ensures that all financial data is accurately recorded and consistent with General Accounting Practices and that effective internal controls are in place to protect the assets of Nova Behavioral Health, Inc. The CFO understands the factors that produce financial results and presents that information to stakeholders in a way that helps them to understand what the financial results and trends mean in terms of achieving current and future goals.
• Manages cash resources, emphasizing capital preservation while maximizing available return on investment.
• Presents information to the Board of Trustee’s and Nova Leadership that allow them to understand how the results are supporting the Nova’s financial goals and what the trends imply in regards to the future results.
• Ensures that necessary data is available to appropriately manage Nova programs and that the data is used in decision making processes; including pricing proposals and the necessary operational budget processes.
• Ensures internal controls are in place to protect the assets of Nova.
• Ensures that Nova has the appropriate accounting and financial talent to enable the proper functioning of the organization, including cross-training to ensure continuing functioning during staff absences.
• Plays a key role in strategic planning to ensure that the organization adapts to changing business conditions.
• Is the primary liaison with external auditors and ensures that Audited Financial Statements accurately reflect Nova’ operations.
• Experience in financial planning, preparation of annual operating budget, and preparation of the annual funding application for ADAMHS.
• Reviews and tracks all contracts, MOUs, and Federal, State and local grants.
• Works with insurance professionals and other vendors to ensure that Nova has the appropriate coverage and services to manage potential legal liabilities and functional needs.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting and certification as CPA. MBA preferred.
• Minimum of five years of experience in finance or accounting.
• Extensive knowledge of non-profit financial operations and federal grant and/or foundation funding.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with fiscal management and accounting software; Sage 100 ERP, Payroll – Sage ABRA and Tax – ATX.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
• Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license and auto insurance.
Nova offers competitive pay and an excellent benefit package including a partially paid medical/prescription plans, dental, life AD&D and LTD plan, paid time off, paid holidays and a 401K plan. Interested applicants email a resume and cover letter to Tina Snyder, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. EEO/AA
COOK – FULL-TIME
Nova is currently accepting resumes for a full time Cook. The ideal candidate is a conscientious, dependable individual with the ability to prepare meals for 100 individuals on a daily basis. A high school diploma or G.E.D. is required. Serve Safe Certification is preferred. Applicant must have a good working knowledge about food safety rules and regulations and three years or more professional dietary and regular cooking experience in a restaurant, hospital or nursing home.
Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team, must have good communication and organization skills, able to comprehend and follow complex instructions. The physical demands for this position requires the person to stand for long periods of time, lift 25lbs. and up to 50lbs, to preform lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending and stooping motions. The Individual must have a valid Ohio State driver’s license, with less than 6 points assessed on their driver’s record. Must be able to work weekends and holidays. We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefit package including paid time off, paid holidays, partially paid medical/dental plans and a 401K. Interested applicants email Tina Snyder, HR Manager at email@example.com. EEO/AA
RECEPTIONIST – FULL-TIME
Nova is accepting resumes for a full-time Receptionist Monday – Friday with extended hours three days a week to 7 p.m. The Receptionist provides broad support to Nova’s Outpatient and Residential programs. The Receptionist reports directly to the Director of Outpatient Clinical Services. The Receptionist answers inquiries and provides information to the general public, customers, visitors, and other interested parties regarding Nova services and programs.
Clinical: • Operates a telephone system to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information, and taking messages.
• Greet persons entering the agency, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
• Assists physician with exams and duties as requested.
• File, scan, and maintain records.
•Collect, sort, distribute and prepare mail, messages and courier deliveries.
• Provide information about Nova such as location, services provided, departments, and route incoming calls appropriately.
• Transmit information or documents to customers using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
• Responsible for the collection of client fees and documentation according to agency policy.
• Other duties as assigned.
Skills Required: • Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
• Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Customer Service - Actively looking for ways to help people within professional boundaries.
A high school diploma or GED and one year of experience in customer service is required. We offer an excellent benefit package including paid time off, 401K and partially paid medical and dental. Interested applicants email a resume and cover letter to Tina Snyder, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefit package. EEO/AA
CNP or APN - PART-TIME OR FULL TIME
Nova Behavioral Health is seeking a part-time or full time CNP or APN to provide monitoring and physical exams 20 to 40 hours per week under the direction of the Nova BH medical director. The NP/APN is responsible for providing nursing care and mental health services as agreed upon in the Standard Care Arrangement for Certified Nurse Practitioners. This position is responsible for evaluating and managing the medical issues of clients in our Inpatient and Outpatient Treatment Programs. The CNP/APN will meet face-to-face with clients for examination, diagnosis, and follow-up treatment as determined by the Physician. The CNP will prescribe and perform office procedures within the scope of expertise, protocols, and available equipment and schedule follow-up visits in office or during inpatient stay as needed. Additionally, will confer with clients' primary care physician if necessary.
Education, Training and/or Experience:
• Preferable to have a minimum of five years of experience in primary care or the psychiatric field and a Master's degree.
• Minimum Certified Nurse Practitioner with prescriptive authority and license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of OH.
• The right to participate in and receive payments from the Medicare, Medicaid, or any other third party payer.
• Professional liability insurance covering all activities performed for Nova Behavioral Health will be provided.
• Must provide Proof of current TB test upon hire.
• Prefer 2 + years of experience in both Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner and Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist role as well as in prescribing psychotropic medications.
Interested applicants email a resume and cover letter to Tina Snyder, HR Manager at email@example.com. EEO/AA.